In the wee hours of the night, I managed to make a few improvements to the game. There’s a counter showing how many bounces are left until a game over. I also set the ball to get faster after each 10 targets. The speed increment may need to be dialed back a bit to elongate game play, but the feature is there at least. I also fixed a minor bug, which was causing the target to shrink prematurely.
I still need to add sound to the game. I’ve been so focused on programming that I haven’t even had time to think about sound effects or music.
I added some sound effects and a visual cue to indicate which block was hit…it’s not game play related, but it’s nice to have. I’m thinking I’m probably not going to come up with any music for this game. It just doesn’t seem worthwhile.